Style Figuration Hints
Knowing what works and what doesn't is key to getting the best from your wardrobe
TALL & SLIM
- Avoid pinstripes, they emphasise narrowness
- Jackets should accentuate width, loose waist, flap pockets with maybe an outside ticket pocket. Double breasted jackets are ideal
- Wear pattern fabrics
- Single breasted button 3 is fashionable but tends to lengthen the body
- Avoid shirts with long collar points and narrow ties as they make the face look longer. Try instead a Windsor spread collar.
- Avoid any check designs and wear instead pinstripes and chalk stripes
- Jackets could be double breasted as they can cover any corpulence and the peaked lapels move the eye upwards from the waist
- Wear medium to dark colours
- Avoid button down or spread collar shirts, instead wear longer collar points with a bold design tie. But be sure it is long enough to reach your trousers!
- Pinstripes and narrow chalk stripes flatter the figure
- Jackets should be single breasted button 2 or 3, avoid double breasted
- The jacket length should be shorter as it lengthens the legs, making you appear taller
- Shirts should with longer pointed collars with small tie knots.
- Jackets should be single breasted with a long lapel
- Dark colours minimise any bulk
- Because of broad shoulders and a narrow waist, all garments should be made-to-measure to achieve the optimum fit.